All too often the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown has families looking for activities to do in the evening. One of my personal favorites is FREE… Movies in the park. From classic movies like “The Wizard of Oz” and “Ferris Bueller’s Day off” to new movies like “Puss in Boots” or “Iron Man 2” play in park venues all over the city from June 11th to October 24th. Bring a picnic basket and a blanket and have a nice enjoyable relaxing evening watching a movie in one of Chicago’s 125 parks.
“New” releases this summer that will be available:
- The Dark Knight (shot in Chicago) – June 23 at Churchill Field, 1825 N Damen
- Grown Ups – July 1 at LaFollette, 1333 N. Laramie Ave
- Inception – July 1 at Margate Park, 4921 N. Marine Dr.
- Iron Man 2 – June 20 at Jackson Park, 6401 S. Stony Island Ave.
- Salt – July 19 at Montgomery Ward Park, 630 N. Kingsbury St.
- The Social Network – July 5 at Montgomery Ward Park, 630 N. Kingsbury St.
- True Grit – July 28 at Amundsen Park, 6200 W. Bloomingdale Ave.
- Twilight: Eclipse – July 22 at Meyering Park, 7140 S. Martin Luther King Dr.
Animation for the Kids:
- Despicable Me – June 17 at Winnemac 5100 N. Leavitt St
- How to Train Your Dragon – Aug 9 at Touhy Park, 7348 N. Paulina St.
- Megamind – June 23 at Graver Park, 1518 W. 102nd Pl.
- Shrek Forever After – June 17 at Shedd Park, 3660 W. 23rd St.
- Tangled – Sep. 9 at Athletic Field Park, 3546 W. Addison St.
- The Princess and the Frog – Aug. 9 at Fulton River Park, 601 W. Kinzie St.
- Toy Story 3 – Sep 16 at Independence Park, 3945 N. Springfield Ave.
- Up – Aug. 2 at Montgomery Ward Park, 630 N. Kingsbury St.
- Wall-E – Aug.31 at Willye White Park, 1610 W Howard St.
- Airplane! – June 14 at Montgomery Ward Park, 630 N. Kingsbury St.
- Back to the Future with Michael J Fox – Aug. 6 at Harold Washington Park, 5200 S. Hyde Park Blvd.
- E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial – July 12 at Fulton River Park, 601 W. Kinzie St.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – July 13 at The Chicago History Museum, 1601 N. Clark St.
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom – July 16 at Jonquil Park, 1023 W. Wrightwood Ave.
- JAWS – July 12 at 63rd Street Beach, 6300 S lake Shore Drive
- The Karate Kid – Aug 30 at DuSable Museum, 740 E. 56th Pl.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark – Aug. 25 at Lake Shore Park, 808 N. Lake Shore Dr.
- Sixteen Candles – Aug. 17 at The Chicago History Museum, 1601 N. Clark St.
- Top Gun – Aug. 18 at Mary Bartelme Park, 115 S. Sangamon St.